Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 9 March 2014

Review #222: The Unwritten Rule- Elizabeth Scott


Title: The Unwritten Rule
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Pages: 210
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: Everyone knows the unwritten rule: You don’t like your best friend’s boyfriend.

Sarah has had a crush on Ryan for years. He’s easy to talk to, supersmart, and totally gets her. Lately it even seems like he’s paying extra attention to her. Everything would be perfect except for two things: Ryan is Brianna’s boyfriend, and Brianna is Sarah’s best friend.

Sarah forces herself to avoid Ryan and tries to convince herself not to like him. She feels so guilty for wanting him, and the last thing she wants is to hurt her best friend. But when she’s thrown together with Ryan one night, something happens. It’s wonderful... and awful.

Sarah is torn apart by guilt, but what she feels is nothing short of addiction, and she can’t stop herself from wanting more...
Review: Okay wow! I really enjoyed this book and I loved how it talked about an "unwritten rule" but one that everyone knows about and usually follows lol. I feel Ike I really connected to this story because I have seen the same things happen many times, well in high school. I have even had a toxic friend like Brianna who got me in a lot of trouble and talked down to me. I think she kept me around so she could be the "hot friend", anyways enough about me back to the book. It was a quick and easy read and a little bit fluffy, but not in a bad way. 
I am a little disappointed I. Ryan because he settled for Brianna and stayed in the relationship even though she wasn't who he wanted. Balls up buddy and go for who you really want. Also Sarah for letting Brianna walk all over her for so long. And Brianna for being such an ass!
Overall, The Unwritten Rule was a fun read and I can't wait to pick up more books by Elizabeth Scott. I would recommend this book to those looking for a book to lose yourself in for a short time.




About this author

Hey there, I'm Elizabeth. I write young adult novels. I live just outside Washington DC with my husband and dog, and am unable to pass a bookstore without stopping and going inside.

All right, and I can't leave without buying at least one book.

Usually two. (Or more!)

My website and blog are at elizabethwrites.com, and I'm also on twittertumblr, and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment