Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 26 January 2014

Review #213: The Kill Order- James Dashner

Title: The Kill order
Author: James Dashner
Pages: 327
Rating: 2/5 Stars
Summary: The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series.

Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.

Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.

Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive.
Review: When I saw that James Dashner had written a prequel to the Maze Runner series I was ecstatic because I loved the series. Unfortunately, the Kill Order was terrible and a waste of time. The only parts that I liked and really had anything to do with The Maze Runner were the prologue and the epilogue. The book would have been better just as a stand alone and not having anything to do with The Maze Runner. But even that would not have saved this book. I was in a reading slump because of it. It took me forever to finish and every time I had to set it down, I had to fight myself to even pick it back up again. 
I would not recommend this book to anyone. This makes me very weary to pick up Dashner's new book the Eye of minds. Hopefully it is better. If you loved The Maze Runner series do not pick this book up, the series will be ruined.


About this author

James is the author of THE MAZE RUNNER trilogy and THE 13TH REALITY series. He also published a series (beginning with A DOOR IN THE WOODS) with a small publisher several years ago. He lives and writes in the Rocky Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment