Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review #112: Scarlet- Marissa Meyer


Summary: The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.
Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles
Pages: 454
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: I love this cover, I like how it ties into the story. I love how Scarlet and Cinder are based on fairytales, but they are taken to the next level by having dystopian and sci-fi aspects. I both loved and hated that there were the two stories happening at the same time. I found it to be confusing at times but when it all came together it was great. There were a few twists and turns that I wasn't expecting, but the definitely added to the story and made it amazing. This is another great read from Marissa Meyer. Even though this is an action novel it still pulled at my heart strings and there was an addition of a new love story. I can't wait to see how those end up. I also liked the increasing number of interesting charcaters.
Now the series has two kick butt heroines and I can't wait to see how they will mesh together. I am also enjoying Wolf, yum, yum. Hopefully he can keep himself under control and doesn't do anything stupid in the meantime. I felt really bad for Scarlet's losses, so hopefully she will be able to fill that void. I am also excited to see where Thorne fits into the whole story. And hopefully Kai sees what's going on before its too late. 
I will be continuing this series because I want to see how Rapunzel will be introduced in Cress, book three. And I want to read Winter to see where Snow White fits. I would recommend this book and series to YA readers and older readers as well. Also to dystopian and sci- fi lovers. And finally to those who just love a great fairytales re-telling.


About this author

I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment