Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Monday 15 April 2013

Review #111: Glitches- Marissa Meyer


Summary: Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In “Glitches,” a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch...
Title: Glitches
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: Lunar Chronicles 
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Review: I came across this short prequel by accident and I'm glad I did. The one thing that bugs me about books is when you don't get any background information. Insert Glitches, it's perfect because it gives you the background you crave from Cinder. Also you get to witness a heated debate between Cinder's step- parents giving you their opinions on the adoption. Also included is how Cinder's biological parents died. Even though this novella was short you learn a lot about the characters and it shows emotion. This is where it all began, so everyone how loved Cinder needs to read this novella to get the full story.


About this author

I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment