Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 10 February 2013

Review #86: Warrior Princess- Frewin Jones


Title: Warrior Princess
Author: Frewin Jones
Series: Warrior Princess
Pages: 346
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: I found this book a very easy read to become emersed in. I love the lands that Frewin Jones created. I also enjoyed the hint of gods and goddesses that were included. This whole book was action-packed. It was interesting to learn the ways of the different people. This is my first YA historical fantasy that I have ventured into and I really enjoyed it. 
Branwen was the perfect heroine in this story. She watched helplessly as her brother was struck down dead. Instead of being hell bent on revenge Branwen becomes a great warrior. The hate that she feels towards her brothers murderer is used to fuel her to become a force to reckon with. She continuously proves that she is brave and has character. There were also a few secondary charcters that made impressions because of either things they said or did. I hope that most of them make appearances throughout the series. 
After reading this book I know that I like the way that Frewin Jones writes and I will be reading more books by him in the future. I can't wait to see what comes next in the series and what Frewin's other books are about. I would recommend this book to fantasy lovers and readers who want a kick ass heroine.

About this author



This author has published under several versions of his name, including Allan Jones, Frewin Jones, and A.F. Jones. He has also published under the pen names Sam Hutton and Steven Saunders.

No comments:

Post a Comment