Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Review #50: Black Lace- J. V. K.

Title: Black Lace
Author: J. V. K.
Series: Paths of the Spirit
Pages: 290
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Review: I am giving this book 3.5 /5 Stars
*Spoiler Alert*
So I am kind of confused about this book. At first I thought that it was YA, but I learned very quickly that it wasn't. I wouldn't even say it was NA, I would skip these two and head straight for adult. The book was a bit confusing, sometimes I felt like it jumped around a bit, but that might have just been because the book was not originally published in English. So it might just be that translation. Also there were a few times where the wrong name or the sentence was weird, but other wise it was a great read. That author is so good at conveying details and descriptions to the reader. The book really picks up in the end and leaves you on a semi- cliffhanger.
I enjoyed the main characters. Vivian was a kick- ass vampire slayer who had a dark side. Michael was the hot werewolf lover who would do anything for Viv. And Christian, the fiancé, was an evil vamp who turns good in the end. My only character compliant was that there were a lot of random characters who show up briefly then never again. 
Overall, this book was a good read. It will be and amazing read when the few mistakes are edited. I look forward to the second book to see where the story will go. Also I want to find of more of the books secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment