Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Monday 12 November 2012

Review #35: The Pact- Jodi Picoult

Title: The Pact
Author: Jodi Picoult
Pages: 496
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Review: My friend lent me this book to read because she loved it and said that I would too. Usually I don't read this type of book, you know adult and all haha.but I thought what the hell I'd give it a try. And I needed a book to read on my flit to Mexico. I read the first few pages and thought to myself I am going to hate this book but I kept reading and I'm glad I did. This is an excellent book that pulls at your heart strings while telling an amazing story. Jodi Picoult has you guessing what actually happened until the very end. After reading this book I will be reading a lot more books by this great author. 
I liked how to book flipped back and forth between past and present, which I usually don't care for but in this novel it worked. As I stated before, I was reading this on the airplane and not gonna lie, I had to control myself, because through most of the novel tears were threatening to flow down my face.
All the characters were well put together and each brought their own flare to the story. I only wish the Emily had written something letting everyone know about the abuse, so that they didn't know the who,e reason why and what was troubling her. My heart goes out to poor Chris. I feel like her had the greatest burden and still does because he couldn't save Em, then he was blamed for her death and even went to jail. It was selfish of Emily to do that to Chris, break his soul in two, rip out a part of him.
Anyways, this is a great read. I would recommend it to anyone. It's quick and has a little bit of an underlying message. It's good to the last page.

3 comments:

  1. I liked this book a lot, I think it might be my favorite Piccoult book! I also like Sing You Home, Nineteen Minutes and Plain Truth... her books all have that court element to them which is kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book waiting to be read, great review I'll make sure it's the next one I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle- ill have to read those ones too. Thanks!
    Alanna's- it's a great read defiantly read it next. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete