Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 4 November 2012

Review #31: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer- Michelle Hodkin

Title: The Unbecoming if Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Pages: 456
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Review: This is the author's debut novel and all I have to say is BRAVO!!!! This is one of the best books that I think I have ever read. It's a mystery right from the beginning and just when you think you have solved it...... BAAMMM!!!!! Half of the mystery walks through the door and then the book is over. Mind you it does end with one of the best cliffhangers that I have had the privilege of reading. There are continuous twists and turns throughout then book. And how talented is Michelle Hodkin, she had me peeing my pants laughing, then scared crapless in just a few pages. 
The characters, loved them! Mara was such a mystery to me. I still haven't decided is she is crazy or not, but I like her anyways. I love her witty comebacks and her strong personality. Then there is Noah *swoon*, I want pictures please! I found him to be very gentleman- like even when Mara was being rude to him which was quite often. Plus bonus points for help inner save the dog. That broke my heart a little bit. I do wish that we could have begotten to know Rachel and Claire better, but hopefully that will be in the next book. Also Jude is an ass. So the ending pissed me off but also peaked my curiosity. 
So needless to say, you need to read this book! I can't wait to read the next one, I want to know what the hell happens!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment