Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Review #26: Daughter of the Red Dawn- Alicia Michaels

Title: Daughter of the Red Dawn
Series: The Lost Kingdom of Fallada
Author: Alicia Michaels
Pages: 211
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: I recieved this book as a prize in a giveaway from the author. 
First off I LOVE the cover. I love the red hair, the red cape, the forest background and the wolf. So awesome!! I liked the prologue and epilogue, how it was narrated by someone other then the main character and gave extra information to the story. I loved the "Litttle Red Riding Hood" mess to the story, but how it was nothing like the original story at all.
I enjoyed all of the characters, but especially our main character Selena who started off as a loner and basically overnight had to become the leader of a nation and be strong enough to defeat an army of evil. I enjoyed the romance, even when at times it was a bit cheesy with the whole "love at first site", but otherwise tolerable. Even thought Titus was a werewolf (I'm super afraid of them), I decided that he was probably pretty hot and had redeemable characteristics. Also, I liked how "gram" was thrown into the mix. 
I can't wait for the next book. Hopefully there will be seven books, each about one of the missing princesses and that they are all based on more fairytales characters. Thanks Alicia for the great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment