Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 9 September 2012

Review #7: The Perks of Beaing a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky

Title: The Perks of Beian a Wallflower
Author: Stephen Chbosky
Pages: 213
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Review: WOW! Just wow! At first I didn't know if I would like this book because I didn't really know hat it was about, but once I started reading it I couldn't put it down and devoured it in mere hours. It was a roller- coaster of emotions. At points I was laughing and other at the verge of tears. Charlie was such a sweet, innocent charcater; even when be influenced to do bad things, I couldn't help but to LOVE him.when I finally found out the reason he was they way he is I was heart- broken. The person that had hurt him the most was held on a pedastool by him, despite being a monster. 

I liked how Charlie being a "wallflower" shows you his point of view and shows how certain instances in people's lives can shape their whole being, whether good or bad. This story also shows that you shouldn't judge people on certain things because there is always a backstory.

Also I like how Stephen Chbosky uses letters as his narrative structure. It just makes that book that much more personal. It also makes me love Charlie more because he writes letters, even if we don't know who they are for.

If you haven't read this book you NEED to! I think that every child in high school and even middles hook should have to read this book that's how good it is.



This fits into my category from the Quarterly Challenge 7: #1- a banned or challenged book.

2 comments:

  1. I bet I'll love this book as well! I am NOT going to watch the movie until I do read it! I didn't there was going to be a movie until i looked around. I feel so behind! TT.TT But, yes, I think I'll like it only because it seems similar in a different way to The Catcher in the Rye and I LOVED that book (just finished as well).

    Wonderful review, Justine, i can't wait to pick up The Perks of Being a Wallflower. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea the only reason I knew it was going to be a movie was because of the book cover lol. Thanks! Enjoy reading it. I know I did.

      Delete