Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Saturday 8 September 2012

Review #6: Awake- Jessica Grey

Title: Awake
Author: Jessica Grey
Pages: 306
Series: Fairytale Trilogoy
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: First of all I just want to say that I really love this cover. 
This is a modern day re-telling of the classic fairy tale of Sleeping Beauty. Or should I say Sleeping Beauty brings her fairy tale to the modern day. The biggest twist of the story..... sleeping Beauty is half - fae.
I found this book a cute, fast paced easy to read book. I liked how it was based on a fairy tale but was made better by introducing the fae. It sort of a love story, sort of an action story and a girl finding herself story.
The characters were quite enjoyable. Alex and Becca, the two nerdy girls interning at them gem museum for the summer, who are actually babes but don't know it. Luke the hot jock who is in love with our main character Alex the nerdy girl, who have known each other since they were younger. Oh, and of course Lilia, the 900 year old sleeping princess who has finally woken up, just no where near her own time period.

Overall this was a fun, light read. You should read it if you want a break from the dark paranormal.


I am using this for the category in the September Reading Cahallenge #1: A book with a rose on the cover.
Also it fits into my other reading challenge for September: a Indie book.

No comments:

Post a Comment