Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Friday 7 September 2012

Review #5: Wake- Amanda Hocking

Title: Wake
Author: Amanda Hocking
Pages: 309
Series: Watersong
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: Okay so this book I sent what I expected. I knew it was about sirens, but these sirens are way different from any sirens that ive heard of. The only similarities being the good looks and singing abilities. The story line was good but I felt like I had to read 2/3 of the book before anyone good happened. It did pick up in the last 3rd of the book and I actually enjoyed the ending. I hope that the next book is in Harper's POV.

I liked the characters. I like how Amanda Hocking portrays people. I felt like I would have fit right in haha. The biggest mystery for me is Daniel. I'm figuring that he must be some sort of supernatural being but we just haven't found out about it yet. Also I hope that we learn more about Brian and Natalie (Gemma and Harper's parents). I also can't wait to find out if Alex will still love Gemma after everything that has happened. I think/ hope that in Lullaby (the second book), that it will be Daniel, Harper and Alex sailing the seas in Daniel's boat to find Gemma.

Hopefully the next book is a bit more exciting and I look forward to reading it.


I also used this book to fill a category in the September Reading Challenge #3: A book about Sirens.

No comments:

Post a Comment