Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Review #3: The Morganville Vampires Volume 1- Rachel Caine

On a side note I just finished reading this book for a "pick it for me" challenge where a bunch of people join a challenge and we get assigned partners and then we each pick a book for the other person from our to read piles. This is the book I was assigned.
Title: The Morganville Vampires Volume 1
Author: Rachel Caine
Pages: 467
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Review: Part 1: Glass Houses

This is the beginning to the popular series by Rachel Caine about the Morganville Vampires. It starts off as our main character Claire goes off to college, two years early, in Morganville, Texas, not her first choice mind you. Claire quickly learns that this town is not what it seems. Claire makes friends and enemies very abruptly. She learns the towns dark secrets and has to find ways out of them.

I found the characters awesome. The good guys were easy to relate to and and became liie my own friends. The villains were made easy to hate. Thoughtout the story I became attached to the characters and can't wait to see where the series goes from here, especially after the cliffhanger ending.

Part 2: The Dead Girls' Dance
The second part of the book was even better then the first. It was action packed and fast paced. There were secrets, attempted murders, turnings, escapes, crashes, almost explosions, parties and near rapes. It had everything you want in a book and more.

The characters are evolving. Claire is becoming more and more kick ass as the series continues. I won't spoil what happens to the other characters but it's mind blowing.

This is quickly becoming one of my new favorite series and I can't wait to continue reading it with the next book.

1 comment:

  1. This is becoming one of my fave series too :) I can't wait to read book 4 to see where the story takes me next!

    So glad you started this series :) It's awesome!
    (New Follower)

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete